In a post on his X account on Saturday, FM Araghchi wrote, “Fulfilling our pledge of full transparency towards our own people, Iran’s Government has already published a comprehensive list of all 3117 victims of recent terrorist operation, including about 200 officers.”
The Iranian foreign minister added, “If anyone disputes accuracy of our data, please share any evidence.”
The office of the president of Iran had earlier released the identities of 2,986 victims, compiled by the Iranian Legal Medicine Organization and cross-checked with the National Organization for Civil Registration of Iran, as part of a transparency and accountability policy ordered by President Masoud Pezeshkian.
Officials said the discrepancy between the two figures was due to unidentified individuals and inconsistencies in national ID records, which are being corrected and will be addressed in an updated list.
In a statement on the recent unrest in Iran, the presidential office emphasized that all victims were citizens of this country and rejected attempts by Iran’s adversaries to politicize human loss through numerical manipulation.
The statement said each victim represented a world of human connections, adding that the president considers himself morally bound to safeguard the rights of all citizens.





